Job Position and Professional Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely initiation, investigation, implementation, and monitoring of assigned Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) projects
- Partners with Quality Systems personnel of a dialysis medical device company to drive continuous improvement on root cause investigations
- Ensures CAPA investigations and activities are clearly documented and implemented to fulfill regulatory and business requirements
My past volunteer leadership positions include:
- Treasurer, President-Elect, and President of the Palmetto Chapter
- State Health Policy Advisor for South Carolina
- Southeast Region Health Policy Advisor
- Awards and Scholarship Committee Member
- Awards and Scholarship Committee Chair Designate and Chair
- ANNA Resource Corps Advisor (Currently)
- LMS Task Force Member (Currently)
My qualifications for this role include:
- Experience in developing and updating policies and procedures (for ANNA and my employer)
- Experience in developing and updating role descriptions
- Effective leadership, communication, and time management skills
Role in ANNA projects/activities illustrating support of ANNA’s mission, goals, and objectives
- I’ve been a speaker for ANNA on numerous occasions on topics including management skills, conflict resolution, vitamin D, anemia management, and health policy, which illustrates my support of ANNA’s objectives of education and learning.
- As Regional Health Policy Advisor, I supported ANNA’s advocacy objective by encouraging chapters to participate in KDAE week as well as encouraging them to send letters to their representatives through CapWiz.
- As President of the Palmetto Chapter, I was instrumental in the implementation of a celebration of our chapter’s nephrology nurses during the first Nephrology Nurses Week, which demonstrates my support of ANNA’s mission to promote excellence and appreciation of nephrology nursing.