A recent article in Advance for Nurses focuses on home dialysis and the advantages it provides many patients. ANNA Director Sheila Doss-McQuitty, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, was interviewed for the article and shares her insights into the growing popularity of home dialysis as a treatment option. Click here to read the article, “Hemodialysis at Home.”
Special Journal Issue Addresses Home Therapies
In addition, the January/February 2013 issue of the Nephrology Nursing Journal is a Special Issue on Alternative Dialysis Therapies. The journal features the following articles:
- Alternative Dialysis Therapies - Why All the Interest?
- Supporting and Retaining Nephrology Nurses New to the Peritoneal Dialysis Specialty
- Who Should Be Teaching Patients to Self-Cannulate?
- First Exposure to Home Therapy Options - Where, When, and How
- Self-Cannulation for Home Hemodialysis: Strategies for Success