An article in Advance for Nurses focuses on home dialysis and the advantages it provides many patients. ANNA Director Sheila Doss-McQuitty, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, was interviewed for the article and shares her insights into the growing popularity of home dialysis as a treatment option. Click here to read the article, “Hemodialysis at Home.”
Home Dialysis Workshop Offered at 2013 National Symposium
With the trend of at-home care for patients requiring dialysis, it is vital that nurses enhance their knowledge of home therapies. ANNA’s 2013 National Symposium in Las Vegas featured a full-day workshop - Welcome Home: Improving Knowledge and Education of Home Modalities - that offered hands-on experience with home treatment modalities and equipment, including peritoneal dialysis (PD) cyclers and home hemodialysis machines. The session is now available in ANNA's Online Library. Click here for more information.
Special Journal Issue Addresses Home Therapies
In addition, the January/February 2013 issue of the Nephrology Nursing Journal is a Special Issue on Alternative Dialysis Therapies. The journal features the following articles:
- Alternative Dialysis Therapies - Why All the Interest?
- Supporting and Retaining Nephrology Nurses New to the Peritoneal Dialysis Specialty
- Who Should Be Teaching Patients to Self-Cannulate?
- First Exposure to Home Therapy Options - Where, When, and How
- Self-Cannulation for Home Hemodialysis: Strategies for Success