Sponsored by the family of Gloria Scharf Beedie
To fund the development of a new program or support an existing program that promotes patient education and / or quality of life
$1,000 and a plaque
- Current full member of ANNA, having been a member of ANNA for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Key participant in an education or quality of life program.
- Program may be a new endeavor or one already established.
The application must include:
- Letter(s) of support from the administrator, medical director, or nursing director from the institution or unit where project will be conducted.
- Project proposal, limited to 4 double-spaced pages, to include:
- Description of the program
- Current clinical applicability, including relationship to the Nephrology Nursing Standards of Practice and Guidelines for Care
- Benefit to kidney patient population
- Demonstration of originality, creativity, and organization
- Details of implementation
- Itemized budget
Expectations of the Recipient
A written report of the use of the funds and the achievements as a result of the grant is to be submitted to the ANNA Board of Directors by February 1 of the following year.
Note: Blinded copies of this application and supporting documents are not necessary.