To award an individual or group who has made a major contribution to the dissemination of research to nurses for use in clinical nephrology nursing practice, education, and/or administration. Dissemination of research findings refers to a systematic effort or project that is directed towards making the essentials of completed research available to nurses in an accessible and usable format. Research-based projects may take various forms such as publications, audio/video tapes, conferences, consultation, or educational programs.
- Candidates may apply or be nominated for this award.
- The primary contact person or nominee must be a current ANNA member, having been a member for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline date.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Eligible projects must be focused on the development of an evidence-based project for nephrology nursing and relevant to nephrology nursing practice using ANNA's Nephrology Nursing Standards of Practice and Guidelines for Care (7th edition) as a guide.
- The primary focus of the submitted project must be sharing findings of research with other nurses.
- The submission package must demonstrate that the research-based project was:
- Presented in a form that is useful to nurses in nephrology settings.
- Made available to nurses in a convenient manner and at a reasonable cost.
- Packaged in a manner that will attract nurses to use or apply findings in their research, teaching, administration, and/or practice.
- Based on science using a synthesis of existing research.