Sponsored by Affymax/Takeda
To recognize one nurse each year that demonstrates outstanding performance as a mentor, thereby ensuring the future of the specialty of nephrology nursing.
$1,500 and a plaque
- Candidates for the award will be nominated.
- Current full member of ANNA, having been a member for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Nominator must provide documentation that provides evidence of of the nominee's mentorship to nephrology nurses and ANNA members, including the individual's achievements in each of these five descriptions of a mentor:
- Motivator: one who provides encouragement and moves others to action.
- Coach: inspires and instructs others to achieve goals.
- Advisor: offers professional advice.
- Counselor: facilitates exchange of opinions and ideas.
- Communicator: effectively expresses oneself in such a way that one is readily and clearly understood.